This course is for you if:
- You want to audit Environmental Management Systems against ISO 14001 requirements.
- You are an Auditor or Environmental System Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification.
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
You will learn:
- The purpose of an environmental management system and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance.
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act framework with regards to ISO 14001.
- The interrelationship between management responsibility, environmental policy, environmental planning, implementation of policy, operational control, checking of performance, management review and continual improvement.
- Essential terminology to help you interpret and audit ISO 14001 requirements defined in ISO 14001.
- The difference between legal compliance and conformance with ISO 14001.
- To plan and conduct an interview with top management.
- How to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an environmental management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team.
- To prepare thoroughly for an audit and produce checklists (including process based checklists).
- The contribution that audits make to the effectiveness of a management system.
- That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems.
- The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor.
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation.
- To report findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 14001, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action.
- The certification requirements to become a registered Auditor/ Lead auditor with IRCA.
Your future development:
- OH&S and QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Advanced EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
This course is funded under the E2i training grant for Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Residents (PR).
SDU POINTS AWARDED