What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is the international specification for an environmental management system (EMS) which helps your organisation identify, prioritise and manage your environmental risks as part of your normal business practices.
Who Can Use ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 can be used by any organisation, irrespective of their size or geographical location.
Why is ISO 14001 important to your organisation?
Certification to ISO 14001 delivers a range of benefits to your organisation.
- Reduce costs; as ISO 14001 requires commitment to continual improvement of the EMS, the setting of improvement objectives will help the drive for more efficient use of raw materials, so helping reduce costs.
- Managing legal compliance; ISO 14001 certification can help you by reducing the effort required to manage legal compliance and in the management of your environmental risks.
- Reduce duplication of effort; your management system can integrate the requirements of this and other management standards into a single business system so reducing duplication and costs.
- Manage your reputation; ISO 14001 certification can help to reduce the risks associated with any costs or damage to your reputation associated with cleanups or litigation and builds your public image towards clients, regulatory bodies and key stakeholders.
- Become a supplier of choice & lever competitive advantage; ISO 14001 certification enables you to work with companies who put an emphasis on environmentally friendly organisations.
- Ease of integration; ISO 14001 is management system based - the standard is underpinned by the ‘Plan Do Check Act’ cycle in common with other management system standards thus enabling seamless integration with ISO 9001 (Quality), OHSAS 18001 (Health & Safety) and other management systems based standards.
ISO 14001 benefits with LRQA Business Assurance
LRQA is accredited to issue certificates to the ISO 14001 standard throughout all sectors and has been involved in its technical development. This means that whatever your line of business, we have been recognised as having the capability and knowledge in providing an effective service.
LRQA Business Assurance helps you manage your business challenges, systems and risks to improve and protect your current and future environmental performance and meet your stakeholders’ needs.
- Our in-depth understanding and the technical expertise of our assessors enables us to deliver tangible benefits to our clients through a structured project management approach.
- We know that good communication is pivotal in delivering transparency through every step of the EMS process. We work with our clients and set clear expectations to all parties on deliverables.
- LRQA Business Assurance delivers both certification and training services to ISO 14001.
How LRQA Can Help?
Our unique methodology, LRQA Business Assurance, helps organisations manage their systems and risks to improve and protect their current and future performance. We provide certification and training across all of the major QMS standards. For organisations with other standards, we can often offer integrated assessments, thus delivering savings on both time and money.
ISO 14001:2015 - One year to go
8 things that you can do now that will make your transition easier
Many organisations are yet to start their transition to the revised international Environmental Management System (EMS) standards, ISO 14001:2015 and with less than a year to go, the stakes are increasing to ensure that your organisation meets the deadline.
We’ve pulled together insight from our clients, assessors, and client services teams to help you get the best from your organisation’s transition journey.
Download this guide to make your transition journey easier