Background to SAC Certification Scheme for Learning Service Providers
Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) Certification Scheme for Learning Service Provider is initiated by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) with the objective of transferring the licensing of existing MOM’s Approved Training Providers (ATPs) to a new SAC Certification Scheme based on requirements of both ISO 29990:2010 and relevant MOM’s Technical Notes.
What is SAC Certification Scheme?
The SAC's accreditation scheme replaces the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) scheme. The change took effect on 14 October 2014. The change will raise the standard of accreditation, with applicants having to meet ISO 29990:2010 standards in addition to MOM’s Technical Notes requirements.
Benefits for Learning Service Providers
- Business process reengineering
- Clearly defined and documented processes
- Internal development of quality capability
- The availability of quality standards is crucial if quality assurance is to be translated into systematic quality development
- Standards may be the basis of specific standards for learning service providers (language training, distance learning …)
- Motivation of staff
- Active participation of staff in processes of change